Photobucket


43 to 17 (not 25 or 6 to 4)

Well, the end of the assessment season is upon me. For the last two months I've worked hard, doing a year's worth of work in 8 short weeks. Of course, along with that comes 10 months of having very little to do. Sure, from time to time something will come up, but I won't have the constant motivation of a legally-enforced deadline to spur me into action.

It's okay, though, because I have quite a few ideas for projects that need to be done, and should be able to get quite a bit done. My first project is to get my appraisal license; I've finally met the education and experience requirements and just need to do some paperwork and take a very difficult test. I'm hoping to get all that done sometime by the end of July.


In the fall we head out of town for audits, then start preparing for next year again as the year comes to an end. But, for most of the next 10 months, I'll end up with an expression on my face like the cheetah's in the picture above. Hopefully I won't end up like the picture below.

Oh, and if you've never been to http://www.despair.com/, you really should go. They have all sorts of these posters that seem to capture the emotion of the working world better than their more cheery counterparts do. I'm thinking of ordering a full-size framed printout of this one for the office here:

2 comments:

Annie said...

Secret sauce???

I think you should have to test done by the end of June. You know, push yourself a little! It'd be good for you:)

Misty Moncur said...

I like the new look. I identify with that cheetah. Took the kids to the park today, and I think I might have actually turned into that cheetah. Kid stuff is so boring.
I bet your job is not more boring than my job.