Photobucket


Pointless Knowledge

I just came across a quiz on another site (through another site, that I arrived at from a site I often frequent--it's amazing how far you can surf on a single wave) that is pretty ingenious, and something that I believe all 3 people who visit my site would enjoy. It's a little long, so I've limited it to the top 10 that I think people will be able to figure out. Post your answers in the form of an answer in a comment if you want to be considered for the grand prize (which is actually just a format "Way to go!" from me, also in the form of a comment). Here it is:

Each of the items below consists of the complete lyrics for a well-known rock song placed in alphabetical order, with each word appearing no more than once (regardless of how many times it appears in the actual song).

1. a and are as away baby back be believe but by can cause come could couldn’t cry do don’t down give go good guess help home i i’ll if is it it’s just kind late like lonely look lovely make me meet mercy mine must my need night no not oh ok on one pardon pretty right say see she she’s smile stay stop street talk that’s the there’ll to tomorrow tonight treat truth wait walk walkin’ walking way what while with woman won’t yeah you you’ll you’re your

2. a ain’t all and but caught classed cryin’ dog friend high hound just lie mine never no nothin’ of rabbit said that the they time was well when you

3. a all an as away be believe came don’t easy far for game go had half hanging here hide i i’m in it know long look love man me mmm my need not now oh over place play said say seemed shadow she so something stay such suddenly the there’s they’re though to troubles used was why wouldn’t wrong yesterday

4. and as blue could crazy crying day did do feeling for hold i i’m in knew leave let lonely long love love-ing loving me my myself new oh so some some-body that the then thinking trying wanted what why wondering world worry you you’d

5. a and are been bet big boat ’bout burnin’ but ’cause city cleaned come day don’t down ev’ry find for give gonna good happy have hitched i if in job keep left live lost lot man mary memphis might minute money never new night no of on one orleans people plates proud pumped queen ride river rollin’ saw side sleepin’ some ’tane the things ’til to turnin’ way wheel who workin’ worry worryin’ you

6. a air and be blossom but close closer clothes colorful don’t dum excitations eyes gentle giving goes good gotta hair happenin’ hear her hum i i’m in keep kind know lifts look love lovin me must my now of on perfume pickin’ plays sends she she’s smile softly somehow sound sunlight that the there those through to up upon vibrations way wears when where wind with word world

7. a about ain’t all and baby blues boss but call called can’t car ’cause congressman cure date dice didn’t do dollar earn every fine for fuss get go gonna gotta have he help holler i i’d i’m i’m-a if just-a late lick like make mama me money my nations next no papa problem quote raise ridin’ said says sick some sometimes son summer summertime sunday take the there time to told too try trying two united use vacation vote wanna was weeks well what wonder work workin’ you you’re young

8. a afraid and as be by come crumble cry dark darling fall has i if in is just land light long look me moon mountains night no now oh only or sea see shed should sky so stand tear that the to trouble tumble upon we we’ll when whenever won’t would you you’re

9. a about ain’t all and askin’ b baby c care ’cause come do don’t e find fools for get give gone gonna got guess hey home honey i i’m in is it just keep kisses know little lyin’ me means might mister money my need now of oh on ooo or out p propers r respect return runnin’ s so sweeter t take than tired to tryin’ walk wanna want what when while whip whoa wrong yeah you you’re your

10. a above across again all alone and arms baby be catch constantly days dream ’em fine for get girl give go gotta hair her here home how i i’ll in it jamaican leave let’s little long louie love make me moon my never nights no now of oh ok on outta right rose said sail sea see she ship smell take tell that the then there think three to waits we won’t yeah

Good luck!

7 comments:

Annie said...

OK, since our choices of music are VERY VERY different, I give up. My final score=0! I read the first 3 though!

Heather said...

1 Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison
2 Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
3 Yesterday - Beatles
4 Crazy - Patsy Cline
5 Proud Mary - CCR
6 Good Vibrations - Beach Boys
7 Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran
8 Stand By Me - Ben E King
9 RESPECT - Aretha Franklin
10 Louie Louie - The Kingsmen

Ok, I didn't do it all by myself, but I didn't cheat on the website you found it on either. Let me just say that Google is my friend! Thanks for the fun!

Misty Moncur said...

1 Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison
2 Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
3 Yesterday - Beatles
4 Crazy - Patsy Cline
5 Proud Mary - CCR
6 Good Vibrations - Beach Boys
7 Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran
8 Stand By Me - Ben E King
9 RESPECT - Aretha Franklin
10 Louie Louie - The Kingsmen

How'd I do?

Elsie said...

you all have too much time on your hands!

Dan said...

Wow, good job. I didn't think anyone would get all of them so fast. It's interesting how looking at the lyrics in a jumble can still suggest which song it is.

Thanks for participating.

Heather said...

Some of them I knew without looking them up in Google, but some were a little tougher. I knew Hound Dog and I knew Summertime Blues. Others as soon as I saw the title in Google, I'm like, oh yeah! THAT's what it is! Anyway, thanks for the fun. I'll have to try and do it without cheating next time...

Robert said...

wow, I didn't even use the internet and I got all but number 4, though that was my first thought, i just don't know enough of the words. and I'm guessing I got 5 right if it's the song that says "rolling on the river" or whatever. nice quiz.