Photobucket


Long Time

So I'm a little embarrassed that it's been a month since I updated (and my last few posts were hardly worth reading anyway). I've actually tried to write a few times, but just can't finish anything coherent. I'd like to blame it on a lack of free time, and there's probably some truth to that, but it's mostly because I just can't think of anything to say.

Recently I've found that Facebook works a little bit better for me because I only have to come up with a line at a time. A blog post requires a lot of lines. But it's hard to write anything of any meaning on Facebook, too. Not that this post will have any meaning, but it will at least make my blog's front page look different.

Random happenings:
  • I ran my first 5k last weekend. It was at the Midvale Harvest Days (in Midvale). I was pretty nervous before it started because I've only run over 3 miles a handful of times. But I ran the whole race and finished with a much faster time than I thought I would (35:24).
  • We're making the final preparations for our trip to Italy in October. I've been planning out and mapping our daily itinerary. We're going to fly into Paris (I know, that's not in Italy) and spend 3 nights, then fly down to Florence (it's cheaper to fly than to take the train) for 3 nights. Then we'll head down to Sorrento for 4 nights, and then stay in Rome for the last 4. It's been 10 years since I've been there and I'm really excited to get back.
  • I started doing Yoga at the gym about a month ago, and I'm really starting to enjoy it. I know it seems pretty girly and all that, but I've noticed more improvement in my fitness level since starting yoga than in the prior 6 months at the gym. I'm not saying that there's anything magical about it, but it helps to change things up a bit from time to time, and yoga is a much better workout than you'd expect.
I keep looking around the room trying to find reminders of what else is going on in my life, but I can't see anything, and can't think of anything. I'm sure there's more to my life than that, but it's still too early in the morning to be expected to come up with anything.

Maybe today would be a good time to change my blog template...

3 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Hey Dan, how you guys doin? I really like when your cute wife comments on my blog. The pair of you make me really happy. I am glad you married each other.

I hope you will keep blogging. I really enjoy reading your posts, even when I am too lazy or hurried to comment on them. Don't go to facebook, keep posting.

We should all get together for a wardle palmer reunion, dontcha think?

Congrats for running a 5K. In my old age I have really enjoyed being athletic. I have never in my life considered my self an athlete, but I do now.

I find that by signing up for a significant event a few months in the future makes me progress a lot more by being way more consistant. It worked for my half marathon, my 75 mile bike race and for my short-distance triathlon coming up in September.
So lets both keep up the good work.

Misty Moncur said...

Wow, way to pat yourself on the back, there Kristin! Doesn't Steve do that enough? Dan, don't give up on facebook because you crack us up there, too.

Really Wild West Mama said...

First....sorry I had to miss the "fambly get together" last Sun.! They are always a "ton o'fun!"

Second, I have a bone to pick with ya about Utah County "wackos"!!! Maybe if I just remember my SLCounty roots....I won't need to be so sensitive??

I'm in TOTAL agreement with you about Al Gore and the REST of the Washington Weasels! ERRRRRRRR!!!! Don't EVEN get me started!

Love your blog Dan! Keep up the FUNNY writing!