Photobucket


Eyes


Many of you may know (and many others may not) that I'm looking into Lasik. I went in today for the procedure. After mapping my eyes, though, the doctor was a little hesitant. Because of my "unique astigmatism" as he called it, the laser would come up a bit short fully correcting my sight.

But, he said, there's another way. Well, sort of the same way, but with an extra step involved.

So next week I'll be heading back in and he's going to correct the astigmatism with some sort of diamond blade. Then, in three months when my eyes have recovered, he'll do the lasering.

The delay is a little disappointing, but I'd much rather do it right that do it quick. The doctor is confident that doing it this way will get my vision to the best it can be. Oh, and it'll still be the same price, even though the diamond blade stuff is usually an additional $1000 or so. Can't beat that.

4 comments:

Heather said...

That's awesome that it's the same price. Sorry you had to go through the pre-surgery jitters only to have to do it again two more times. It will be worth it though...! (And, dang! Where did you get the nasty picture of the eye?)

Erika W said...

I would love lasik! But I also have the whole astigmatism thing going on so I've been hesitant to get my hopes up too high. Glad to know there are other options out there. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Dan said...

This doctor said there's really no limitations with astigmatism anymore. It just sometimes takes a little extra work. If my corneas were thicker they could just do it all with the laser, but they're going to do it in steps instead. I'll post updates, though.

Misty Moncur said...

Ick.