Photobucket


Shotgun

Sorry, this post isn't about shotguns (though I should probably do a gun-related post sometime), it's about "Shotgun". You know, calling "shotgun" when you are travelling in a car with other people.

As summer is drawing near, and we begin to plan trips and outtings, it would be wise to take a few minutes to review the Rules of Shotgun to avoid any misunderstandings or brawls or anything.

The rules are there on the site and can be perused at your leisure. I would just like to make one point (speaking as one with long legs): I think that the longest-legged person in a group should automatically get shotgun.

Happy travels.

5 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

That was really helpful, thanks. But do you think that if Zach, for instance, called shotgun, that I would have to give it up? What about when he gets older than me and is bigger than me?

Heather said...

When he's older and bigger than you, you might want to think about it! I'll bet he's gonna be a big kid! =]

Dan said...

I think there's an implied exemption for married couples. If one of the married people is driving, the spouse automatically gets shotgun.

Kristin Sokol said...

I prefer to call it "hotgun." I just think it sounds better.

katie said...

Well I call shotgun when we go to colorado. You can sit in the back with all of my kids. thanks.