Photobucket


Mii


Not much going on here lately. There are a few things to talk about, though.

* If you haven't tried this yet, you really should. There's an on-line Mii editor that lets you create your own Mii for use on the computer. It's pretty fun to see all of the different options, and kind of spooky to see how close you can get the Mii to look like you. You can get to the page by clicking here.

* Annie's Grammy passed away on Sunday morning. Annie has posted a bit of a tribute on her blog. I never really knew Grammy. The first time I saw her was when Annie and I went to tell her that we were engaged just over three years ago. She came to our wedding (I think) and a couple other family events over the last few years.

Even though I never knew her well, it's always thought-provoking when someone dies. It spurs some people to write a will, others to change the way they treat people, and still others to completely change the their lives.

It does make you wonder how you will be remembered. It reminds me of the Deep Thought by Jack Handey, "When I die, I hope a lot of people will say of me, 'That guy sure owed me a lot of money.'" Really, though, there's still time to change how you'll be remembered. If you're reading this, you're not dead yet. If it weren't so morbid, I'd recommend writing your own obituary, then trying to live up to what you've written.

A poem by Edmund Vance Cook seems fitting:

Did you tackle the trouble that came your way
With a resolute heart and cheerful,
Or hide with your face from the light of day
With a craven soul and fearful.
Oh, a trouble's a ton, or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it.
It isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only how did you take it?

You are beaten to earth, well, well, what's that?
Come up with a smiling face.
It's nothing against you to fall down flat,
But to lie there, that's disgrace.
The harder you're thrown, why, the higher you'll bounce,
Be proud of your blackened eye.
It isn't the fact that you're licked that counts,
It's how did you fight, and why.

And though you be done to death, what then?
If you battled the best that you could.
If you played your part in the world of men,
Why, the Critic will call it good.
Death comes with a crawl, or comes with a pounce,
And whether he's slow or spry,
It isn't the fact that you're dead that counts,
But only how did you die?

5 comments:

Annie said...

You're hot even in computer! But not as hot as in person:) TVTB

Misty Moncur said...

I did not want to hear that. About you being hot, I mean. I was sorry to hear about Annie's Grammy. And, I was sorry to hear about you being hot. And when I say sorry, I sort of mean grossed out.

Heather said...

Love your Mii. It looks just like you. I tried to do one too, but it doesn't look as close as yours does! Maybe I'll try it again and see what happens. I didn't know that you have been updating your blog. I checked it for a while, but there wasn't anything new. Imagine my surprise when I logged on and there was new stuff. Awesome!

Heather said...

Ok, here's my Mii...maybe.

Dan said...

Your Mii looks good, Heather. There are so many options that it's hard to find just the right mix.

I started updating again a week or so ago. Hopefully I can keep it up; I'll try anyway.