Photobucket


Temples

I know, I know, two posts in one day. You must think I'm crazy.

You're right, but that has nothing to do with the numerous posts.

A few years back, when I was still new to my job and had no idea what I was doing, I found myself with a bit of spare time and figured the best way to spend my time (without any other pressing obligations) would be to familiarize myself with computers, the internet, and other things that would enable me to do my job better.

As a result of this resolve, I assembled a list of the LDS Temples worldwide and sought to map them all in Google Earth. Some of them are in countries where the GE resolution isn't very good yet, or where roads aren't labeled. In those cases, I did the best I could, or didn't even try.

Despite not being able to find a few of the temples, I believe that this is the most complete Google Earth registry of LDS Temples in the world! (At least on this blog.)

You can download the zipped file here. When you open the folder there will be a .KMZ file inside. If you have Google Earth installed on your computer, clicking this file will open Google Earth and put a marker on each of the temples. You may have to copy the file out of the zipped folder to access it.

Let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

I can't get the file.

Dan said...

It's worked on every computer I've tried it on... What happens when you try to download it?

Misty Moncur said...

It says the page is unavailable to me. I thought it would be interesting to check out, but I guess I can live if I can't figure it out.

Heather said...

I'd love to try it too. I started doing it a while ago and got most of them. But then we switched computers and I don't know how to get it back. I'll try downloading yours, though. I think they are fun to have! (Or I had a lot of fun finding them...!)

Heather said...

Yeah, the page is unavailable to me too. Sorry. Any ideas?

Heather said...

Here is the link to the page that tells why it's not working. Doesn't mean a thing to me, but I'm sure you know what it means! You're a genius after all...! *grin*
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/geocities/geo-08.html