Photobucket


Fifty



No, I didn't make another 42 stamps last night (although my hand feels like I did). The "Fifty" in the title refers to this being my 50th post since starting my blog. The sad thing is that it took 16 months to accomplish that, but I'm okay with that.

As a tribute to my 50th post, I'll give some updates on some of my previous posts; such as: whatever happened to that rock by the bus stop?
  • In an effort not to be confused with a "goat lover", Annie & I are changing our letterboxing name. My first thought was "Calvin & Hobbes" but it's already been taken (and I had a cool stamp for it, too!) If you have any suggestions, let us know.
  • Did anyone watch that Wipeout show? Did you laugh as much as I did? It's on again tonight, so if you missed it the last two weeks, tonight's your chance!
  • I'm still overweight; excuse me, I mean obese. Yes, it's true. I'm still plugging away at losing weight, though. Isn't it interesting how you can "win" by "losing"?
  • You'll be happy to know I figured out what was causing the holes in my socks: a hole in my shoe! The sole had split all the way through and as I'd walk my sock would rub against the split edge.
  • You'll also be happy to know that for the last 3 weeks we've had a long bus every day. I haven't had to sit by anyone (mostly because I pretend to be talking to an imaginary person next to me, grumbling, and staring people down as they get on the bus).
  • Despite this great success in getting UTA to listen to my demands, I'll only be taking the bus another 3 weeks. Governor Huntsman has declared the state "green" and we'll all be working 4 10-hour days. Were I to continue taking the bus, I'd need to catch the 5:30am, and wouldn't get home until 6:30pm. Instead I'll be doing a carpool with some other bus riders.
  • I'm emerging from my nerdiness. My desire to sit around playing networked computer games all night long is subsiding. I no longer get excited when I see dice with more than 6 sides. Yes, I am overcoming the disease.
  • Remember those crayons at the Macaroni Grill that I took a picture of and couldn't read what one of them was? It was Florentine.
  • They gave me a plaque (isn't that what builds up on your teeth?) for being the employee of the year. And I even got a signed letter from the governor. In case you're wondering, it didn't apologize for making me work 10-hour days.
  • Remember how, two months ago, I said that the assessment season was over and I wouldn't have anything to do over the summer (I didn't remember it either, but I'm scrolling back through all my posts). Well, I was wrong. I've been busier this summer than ever before. In fact, this summer has been busier than the assessment season was. Oh well.
  • A quick update on "Mondegreens" (misheard song lyrics). The word has officially been added to the dictionary. It's a real word now. And I was, what, three months ahead of the dictionary people?
  • It was April 3rd when I wrote about that rock out by the bus stop. I'd make a link to the post, but I don't feel like it. I wondered where the rock came from, who put it there, where it would end up, what was its purpose. You'll be pleased to know the rock moved. Or, at least, that somebody moved it. It stayed where it was for a couple weeks, and then one day it was by the tree. I don't know if it was seeking shade or what, but it moved a good 3 feet. I'll keep an eye on it and keep you updated.

Well, that's as far as I'm going to update. Chances are, only 2 people who started reading my list are still reading at this point. Not that I blame the people who stopped reading; I wouldn't have read this far. I'll try to have some original (non stamp related) material on here later in the week.

7 comments:

Annie said...

i would just like to note that i did read the whole thing. you are long winded:) and, i love your stamp.

Heather said...

I read the whole thing, too! And it was great! I was wondering what happened in all your old posts. Thanks for updating. What a cool idea!

And I LOVE your new stamp. How adorable is that! You're so talented. Thanks for sharing!

I'm sorry you are so busy at work. Better than being bored, though, I guess.

I've never seen Wipeout. It looks pretty funny, though. Maybe I'll have to see if I can catch it sometime.

And I'm sorry about the ten hour days. That sorta sucks! BUT you get another day off every week. That's gotta be good, huh? (Silver lining...silver lining...)

Robert said...

ha ha, food lovers is fine! it only sounds like goat lovers if you know a little italian and spanish, and it's not really even that close. Amante del chivo. *shrugs* I like the stamp either way. The C&H one rocks though!

Dave said...

Dan

happy 50th post. That was a great best of Dan all summed up. I like the new stamp. Also I am happy you found the hole in your shoe to solve that sock problem. I did read all of the post, maybe I am a nerd too.

Misty Moncur said...

I, like the others, appreciate the updates on the previous updates of your life and strange but attracting thought processes.

katie said...

Well, I read the whole thing too. I must be bored.

lizzie said...

i just read the whole thing too...plus all the comments! i like your trail name and your new stamp. anna laughed really hard at wipe-out. she was sad the girl didn't win though.