Photobucket


Olympics...

So has anyone else been watching the Olympics this year? Good stuff. The Chinese are really going all out to host everybody, except for the random killings and all.

Annie has turned into an Olympics junkie, and she's starting to drag me down, too. I've decided that I'm okay with it, though. It only lasts two weeks or so, right? It's too hot outside to do anything anyway, right? It reinforces national pride and all that stuff, too.

I've gotta say I had a hard time staying in my seat Sunday night when the US Men squeeked out a win in the 4x100m relay. That was about as good as it gets.


In other news, there's not much news. I have an interview for my manager's job (he retired a couple months ago) on Wednesday. I'm definitely the underdog--but, then again, Underdog (in the cartoon) always seemed to win...

My carpool is working out well. With the change to 4-10s I would have had to catch the bus at 5:30am (and would need to wake up at 4:30) and I wouldn't have gotten home until 6:30 at the earliest. That's a long day. With the carpool, I leave home at 6:15 (instead of 5:20) and get home at about 6:05 (instead of 6:30). By driving in once a week I'm saving 6 hours of commuting time a week! Even with gas prices as they are it's a great deal.

I weighed in at 295.5 today. A whole tenth less than last week! And that was after a big Sunday evening meal (including cake!) I'm hoping I can keep losing (I don't feel this good when I lose at other things, though).

Grass grows faster than my hair, but only where it's been fertilized. I'm not going to rub "fertilizer" into my scalp, so don't ask.


4 comments:

Heather said...

Cute pictures! I like em!

And yeah, I like the Olympics, too. I'm not a junkie yet, but they are pretty fun to watch. I watched the men's gymnastics last night. Those Chinese team members were amazing. Downright amazing! Sadly, the US team looked scared to death, but they squeaked out a bronze medal anyway. Yay!

Congrats on your carpool. It sounds like a pretty good deal!

And I won't ask about the fertilizer (although the mental image IS pretty funny...!)

Annie said...

i like to say you are on the olympics bandwagon...like all the jazz fans that come out of the woodwork every may!

i was always going to be a gymnast...until i grew too tall, and broke my arms numerous times. better luck in my next life!!

Misty Moncur said...

Do you have to be a GP to qualify for the GPGames?

Heather said...

Hey! Love the new layout! WOW!