Photobucket


Oh, Please Be Careful

I understand that they were probably saying that foreign objects going down the toilet would have a good chance of plugging things up and would have to be removed manually, but this sign really conjures up images of a toilet attached to the center of a 2x12 laid over the top of a giant open septic pit. I also picture toxic green bubbles percolating at the bottom of the pit and noxious fumes rising in plumes from the abyss. It seems to suggest that actually using the toilet would require Indiana Jones-like skills to avoid adding too much weight to the potty pending perilously above the poisonous pit.

Fortunately it was much less sinister than that. Maybe I shouldn't have flushed down that kid's shoe I found in the parking lot...

2 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

I read this post immediately after you posted it and I couldn't think of one thing to say about it. I didn't know how to convey a picture of me slowly shaking my head side to side. I see now that everyone else had the same reaction.

I see what you mean about the green bubbling toxicism, though. Please, do you need to announce that you're not technically connected to the sewer. It's not like you would ever see a sign that said, "This john sucks your poo and other debris down to the sewage system. Just flush whatever, see if we care."

Misty Moncur said...

ps I'm still laughing about the ho-made bread.