Photobucket


Stamps

Hey, it's been a little while since I last posted. It's not that I don't have anything to say, it's that I don't have anything GOOD to say. Life is pretty mundane sometimes and I'm sure nobody wants to waste time reading about which shows I watched on TV or how many crossword puzzled I did, even if I did them really well.

The only really big thing going on with us right now is that Annie and I have made the transition from passive letterboxers to active letterboxers. No longer do we just go out and find boxes other people have planted; we now plant our own boxes.

We're starting out small, though. We started with two boxes in Ophir, one at each end of town. You can read the clue here. You can even go out and try to find the boxes if you ever find yourself near Ophir. It's a long drive, but the stamps are pretty cool.

Next on the list: a series of Great Salt Lake themed letterboxes. I hate to reveal my plans, but we're planning to put that sailboat (below) near the marina, the seagull by Black Rock (west of the marina) and the picture of the old Saltair Pavillion somewhere--I can't remember where, but it'll come to me.

We'll probably have to wait for the snow to melt, but we'll get them planted.

These pictures also include other stamps I've carved but haven't yet found a home for. If you've got any ideas where they could go, let me know. And, if you haven't at least looked into finding some letterboxes, you should check out www.AtlasQuest.com or www.letterboxing.org. You'll be glad you did. Or, as Lavar Burton used to say on Reading Rainbow, "Don't take my word for it." But, I don't have a bunch of literate kids here to tell you what you're missing, but the websites will explain things...





2 comments:

Elsie said...

Your stamps are just amazing - I love them all. I definately think the Colliseum (sp?) should be planted somewhere in Rome (maybe around the time of the temple dedication!?) The covered wagon could go somewhere near Nauvoo. Anyway, good work. I need to convince your Dad that it's OK to stop somewhere while you're driving - you don't have to drive straight through. Maybe if you planted them all near restrooms I'd have a little more luck.

katie said...

I like the golfer. Reminds me of when you hit Ryan with the golfball in Thayne. Your first real time being with our whole family. Truly a memory I will NEVER forget!