Photobucket


P4 F82

Good news. We're now the proud planters of 4 letterboxes (that's what the P4 means). Can you believe it?

On Friday I loaded up some boxes and headed out on the road. I've wanted to plant a couple letterboxes on the southern shore of the Great Salt Lake. It's a pretty area, and doesn't get appreciated enough, if you ask me.

So I went driving around looking for good hiding places. The first one is about 1/3 mile out on a raised pathway right out in the middle of the lake. Okay, so 1/3 mile from shore isn't quite the middle, but it seems like it. When you get out there, you're surrounded by water except for the narrow strip of land behind you. It's a pretty area. The letterbox is named: "Great Salt Lake Series: Islands" and can be found by clicking here. The box itself is concealed behind some cement slabs, marked particularly by that red one in the picture.


The second box is a bit farther west, near Black Rock (the big rock you see where UT-201 meets up with I-80). From the location of the box, there's a great view of Black Rock and of the sunset to the West (naturally) over the lake. The letterbox is named: "Great Salt Lake Series: Black Rock" (original, I know) and the clue can be found here.

My only fear is that the lake level will rise too high for people to get out to them. They should be alright. Maybe if the water gets up too high I could ask them to start those pumps up again.

2 comments:

katie said...

I think you should make up a word like Travorny for letterboxing.

Misty Moncur said...

Or maybe just leave in the clue that people should bring their scuba gear.