Photobucket


Excitement?

For years I've been working on keeping my face from showing emotion. I don't like it when people know how I feel unless I tell them how I feel. I don't like giving any information up without my consent.

So I was really disappointed when I was looking over our pictures from Disneyland and came across this series of 4 self-portraits as we were waiting in line to ride the teacups.

I start out with my normal face. Just the trace of a smile, and the squinty eyes that make people think I'm peering into their soul.
Then I start showing some teeth. Normally when I show teeth it's to scare aware predators and is usually accompanied by growling. Not this time. I think it was actually the beginnings of excitement.

Still trying to maintain composure, but my excitement is bursting through. Normally, I'd punch anyone making the face that I'm making in this picture. If I'd seen myself at the time, I probably would have slammed my head against a tree to prevent others from thinking I was having a good time.

This last picture, right before we get on the ride, scares me. Nobody should look that happy. It's sort of like when somebody has their zipper down; somebody should have told me my emotions were showing so I could conceal them.
It was certainly a fun ride, but I'm not sure that it was worth all that smiling.

Oh, I'd like to point out that Annie looks exactly the same in each photo.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ha! Thanks for sharing! You look good happy...you should try it more often. And Annie looks the same because she's always cute and happy! Glad you had a good time!

eximoa

(Which is not as fun as your braties word on my blog...sounds like combination bra and panties...wonder what that would look like...! Eximoa sounds like some disease ("Sorry Bill...you have a bad case of Eximoa...try this cream...") or someone who doesn't know how to spell very well trying to spell Eskimo!)

Misty Moncur said...

Funniest blog I have read in a long time. I laughed so hard I cried my makeup off. I tried to conceal how much I liked this post, but I couldn't.

katie said...

I think that bottom picture of the two of you needs to be a permanent fixture on your blog. Somewhere towards the top so whenever I come to your page, I instantly see it.

By far one of my favorite posts.

Kristin Sokol said...

Dan...It's weird to try genrerally conceal your emotions. Just thought I'd mention that.

Now, that was funny. Really funny. I reccomend if you are trying to hide emotions, not going to what many call the happiest place on earth. It's bound to make you wear your emotions on top of your head like a pair of undies.

Annie..You are beautiful in all the pictures.