Photobucket


Staying Busy

Well, this last month has been really busy for us, and there's no indication that things will let up anytime soon.

Mixed in with the work and stress, though, we've found time to do some fun things. For example, we recently went to Lagoon (it's where the fun is, after all) and had a good day. I took a day off work and we rode every ride they'd let us ride--some twice!

Of all the unnecessary signs I've seen in my life, this one might take the top award for being unnecessary. Would anyone really sit on that fence anyway?

We also went camping for a few days last week or so (the weeks all seem to run together). It was a lot of fun to get away and have an opportunity to relax.


This morning I went and helped our Elder's Quorum chop down a really big tree. I'm not sure whether to put this in the "fun" category or the "work" category, because it was a lot of hard work, but it was really fun to watch the tree come down a piece at a time.

Among the other happenings lately: I've submitted my application for my Appraiser's License. It could still be months before I get it, but at least everything's turned in and it's out of my hands. When (and if) they approve my application, I'll have to take a test (6 hours long, from what I hear) to get the license. It's worth the trouble, though: it comes with a 5.5% raise.

On our various trips we've been able to find more letterboxes. Our total is up to 9. That doesn't sound like very many, and it's really not, but we're just getting started.

Maybe we'll be able to find some letterboxes on our trip to St.George in a couple weeks. Why on earth are we going to St. George in the middle of the summer? Are we insane? Probably, but we're going to the Tuacahn Amphitheatre to see Les Miserables. I guess you could call it our Anniversary Celebration (a couple weeks late).

Well, those are the fun things going on for us right now. I won't bore you with the rest. Oh yeah! I caught my first fish last night. I let him go before taking a picture, but my hands still smell like trout if you don't believe me.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on the fish! That's awesome! I love when my hands smell like trout! James wants to know where you caught your fish...

It sounds like you are doing some really fun things lately. I'm excited for you. And I LOVE the fence picture! Some people...sheesh!

Misty Moncur said...

Oh man, I've been waiting my whole life to sit on a fence like that.